Breville Barista And Bambino Espresso Machine Programming Steps
The standard shot volumes for a Breville espresso machine is 30 ml for a single and 60 ml for a double. The espresso machine will automatically stop once these volumes have been reached. If you prefer to get a different volume, you can program your own shot volume. You may also be able to adjust some temperature settings, depending on the model you have. Keep reading to learn how to program your Breville espresso machine model: Barista Pro, Barista Express, Bambino or Bambino Plus.
To return to the default settings, see our related post on how to reset your Breville machine.
- Breville Barista And Bambino Espresso Machine Programming Steps
How To Program Breville Barista Pro
The LCD display on the Breville Barista Pro makes it easy to program custom settings for your espresso machine. You can program the pre-infusion time and extraction time for a single or double espresso shot, as well as the shot temperature.
Program Shot Volume
- Press the MENU button.
- Use the grind amount dial to navigate to the custom single cup or custom double cup icon. Press the dial to select.
- Press the cup button you want to program.
- You will first have the option to customize pre-infusion. Once you’ve pressed the desired cup button, pre-infusion will start. Press and hold the same cup button until you have reached the pre-infusion time you want. Release the button and the machine will move on to extraction.
- To program the shot volume, press the same cup button once you have gotten the desired amount of espresso in your cup. The LCD and Cup button will stop flashing. The unit will beep and then return to ready mode.
Change The Water Temperature Settings
- Press the MENU button.
- Use the grind amount dial to navigate the menu to SHOT TEMP. Press the dial to select.
- You can use the grind amount dial to increase or decrease the shot temperature shown on the LCD.
Breville Barista Express Programming
The Breville Barista Express has a PROGRAM button. You can use this to customize your espresso shot volumes. It can also be used to adjust the water temperature.
Customize Your Espresso Shot Volume
- Press the PROGRAM button once. The machine will beep once and the PROGRAM button will start to flash. This tells you the Barista Express is in programming mode.
- To program a new single espresso shot volume, press the 1 CUP to start extracting your espresso. When you have the amount of espresso you want in your cup, press the 1 CUP button again. The unit will beep twice. Your new shot volume is stored for the next time you go to brew.
- To program a new single espresso shot volume, press the 2 CUP to start extracting your espresso. When you have the amount of espresso you want in your cup, press the 2 CUP button again. The unit will beep twice. Your new shot volume is stored for the next time you go to brew.
Adjust The Water Temperature
Different types of coffee beans may require different brewing temperatures. The Breville Barista Express gives you the option of programming the water temperature to meet your needs. You can adjust the default temp up or down by two or four degrees Fahrenheit. Follow these steps:
- Turn the unit off.
- Press and hold the PROGRAM button and then hit the POWER button. The machine will beep once and then one button will light up to show you the current setting.
- You will have 5 seconds to press the button that corresponds to your desired setting:
- PROGRAM = default setting (200 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 1 CUP = +2 degree above default
- 2 CUP = +4 degrees above default
- FILTER SIZE = -2 degree below default
- POWER = -4 degrees below default
- Once you’ve pressed the button, you will hear 2 beeps to confirm the temperature setting has been re-programmed.
How To Program Breville Bambino Plus
The Bambino Plus gives you the option of programming a custom shot volume. You can also change the default milk temperature settings.
- Press and hold the 1 CUP and 2 CUP buttons for 2 seconds.
- To program the 1 CUP button, press it to start the extraction. Press it again to stop extracting once you have the desired volume.
- To program the 2 CUP button, press it to start the extraction. Press it again to stop extracting once you have the desired volume.
Milk Temperature and Foam
There are three milk temperature and foam settings on the Bambino Plus. Temperature can range from Warm, Ideal, Hot. Foam can range from Low, Medium or High. Use either the MILK TEMPERATURE or MILK FOAM button to change the setting. When you go to turn your machine again later, it will use this last setting selected.
Breville Bambino Programming
The Breville Bambino only allows you to program a custom shot volume. Follow these steps:
- Press the 1 CUP and 2 CUP buttons together for 2 seconds. They will light up and flash.
- To set the 1 CUP volume, press that button for 3 seconds. This will start the extraction. Press the 1 CUP button again once you have your desired volume.
- To set the 2 CUP volume, press that button for 3 seconds. This will start the extraction. Press the 2 CUP button again once you have your desired volume.
get our latest guides, reviews, recipes and more for your coffee machine in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing. Check your email and confirm your subscription.
Something went wrong.