Nespresso Bluetooth & WiFi Connection: What You Need To Know
Some Nespresso machine models come with bluetooth functionality that allow you to pair your coffee maker with the Nespresso app on your phone. This enables your Nespresso machine to connect to WiFi for software updates and alerts. However, this functionality is only available on a few Nespresso models (most Vertuo models). Keep reading to find answers to frequently asked questions about Nespresso bluetooth and Nespresso WiFi.
- Which Nespresso Machines Have Bluetooth & WiFi?
- Does The Nespresso Vertuo Plus Have Bluetooth & WiFi?
- What Does The WiFi on Nespresso Do?
- How To Connect And Pair Nespresso To Bluetooth & WiFi?
- Why Won’t My Nespresso Vertuo Connect To WiFi?
- Is It Worth Upgrading To A Nespresso Machine With Bluetooth & WiFi?
Which Nespresso Machines Have Bluetooth & WiFi?
Bluetooth connectivity is available only on select Vertuo and Original line models. If you have one of these five machine models, then your Nespresso has bluetooth and WiFi:
- Vertuo Next
- Vertuo Pop
- Vertuo Creatista
- Essenza Plus (Original line)
- Prodigio (UK Original line)
If you have a different model than one of the these listed above, then your Nespresso does not have bluetooth or WiFi.
Does The Nespresso Vertuo Plus Have Bluetooth & WiFi?
No, the Nespresso Vertuo Plus does not have bluetooth functionality. This is true for both the regular Vertuo Plus as well as the Vertuo Plus deluxe. This means you won’t be able to connect a Vertuo Plus to the Nespresso app.
What Does The WiFi on Nespresso Do?
If your Nespresso machine is bluetooth enabled, then you can pair it with the Nespresso app on your phone. This allows your machine to connect to your WiFi network. Once your Nespresso machine is connected to the app, you’ll be able to:
- Get real time alerts for how to use and care for your machine
- Diagnose the type maintenance your machine may need, for example:
- Download remote software updates
- Re-order coffee pods when your stock is running low (Essenza Plus only)
The Nespresso app also has video tutorials that you may find helpful. It’s also an easy way to re-order pods – however, you’ll only get free samples if you order through nespresso.com.
How To Connect And Pair Nespresso To Bluetooth & WiFi?
- Once you’ve downloaded the app, go to your phone’s settings make sure Bluetooth and wireless internet on your phone is turned on.
- Press the lever or cup button to turn your coffee maker on
- Place the phone on top of your brewer.
- Open the app, click the “my machine” icon in the top right corner. Hit the button to pair your machine. Follow the next steps and wait while the pairing completes. If an alert pops up on your phone, accept it to complete the pairing process.
- When it prompts you to select an internet connection, choose your network and enter your password.
- Hit connect and then OK once the connection is made. The machine should say “Connected.”
Why Won’t My Nespresso Vertuo Connect To WiFi?
Only the Vertuo Next, Pop and Creatista can connect to WiFi. If you have one of these models and it is still not connecting, make sure you are standing close enough to your machine, that your machine is on (the coffee cup button light should be on), and that when the prompt appears you give permission for your phone to connect to your machine.
If you’ve done all of this and it is still not working, then the following steps may help solving a pairing issue:
- Close the Nespresso app on all of your mobile devices
- Go to your phone’s bluetooth settings and tell your phone to forget the connection with your coffee maker
- Restart your phone
- Factory reset the your Nespresso machine following the steps on this post
- Pair your Nespresso machine with the Nespresso app again following the steps in the section above.
If it still does not work, I would suggest contacting Nespresso support for further assistance.
Is It Worth Upgrading To A Nespresso Machine With Bluetooth & WiFi?
From time to time Nespresso will release updates. Most of the time these updates just address bugs with the machine’s software. However, sometimes they add new functionality. A good example of this is the Expert Mode update. It allows you to concentrate coffee pods for use in espresso-based recipes. The Vertuo Pop and Creatista – released in 2023 – launched with Expert Mode, but the Vertuo Next – released a few years earlier – did not. Because the Next has bluetooth and WiFi functionality, Nespresso was able to add Expert Mode to the Next via a software update.
Other than these types of rare updates, the bluetooth and WiFi connection don’t offer a whole lot of value, in my opinion. Especially with all of the problems the Vertuo Next has compared to the more reliable Vertuo Plus (which I use), I don’t think “upgrading” just to have bluetooth and WiFi is really worth it.
get our latest guides, reviews, recipes and more for your coffee machine in your inbox
Thank you for subscribing. Check your email and confirm your subscription.
Something went wrong.